Consider Small Kitchen Design Layouts That Allow You to Make the Right Use of Space
With the population growing, out homes sizes are getting smaller. The multi-story apartment concept has taken over houses in large-size. This has resulted in reducing the demographics of the house bringing a huge diversity to the house sizes leading to functional kitchens in small size.
Designs of Small kitchen
Considering the aspect of small size kitchens, the size should not be regarded as a constraint. The planning must be executed perfectly. You can go with small tweaks and alter the overall look of your kitchen making it a wonderful art piece. There is a need for smart planning to turn small kitchens into a tremendous value. Here are a few small kitchen design layouts that allow you to make the right use of your space available:
- L-shaped kitchen designs: Generally, the L-shaped kitchen designs are placed in a large area corner such as drawing area. The L-shaped kitchen conveys good space use. The L-shaped kitchens feature an advantage over the kitchens in single wall establishing a kitchen triangle between the sink, stove, and refrigerator.
- Single wall kitchen designs. A common trend found is the limited space in urban dwellers. The storage, workspace, and electrical appliances are aligned along a wall and so there is very less space in the outside area to utilize. Use that single space available as wall kitchen efficiently.
- Island kitchen designs. This design is in European countries where you can use an island to create the setup of galley-type with a single wall kitchen. The design is ideal for open-plan apartments or smaller apartment, as they allow a work surface without enclosing completely the kitchen area.
- Galley kitchens designs– These refer to narrow kitchens typically that feature two parallel decks offering fantastic efficiency relating to storage and workspace. Galley kitchen is found in commercial kitchens designs.
There are many other small kitchen design layouts that suit the available space and varies depending on the place it is located.
Storage space in small kitchens
Kitchen cupboards and cabinets are the crucial part of any kitchen playing a pivotal space in a small kitchen. Generally, in a small space kitchen design, an adjoining closet is used as a cupboard space or pantry. The common kitchen cabinet types are the ones fitted as ceiling kitchen cabinets or are from floor to ceiling. This creates more space and opens the kitchen. There is a need to make proper use of the angles in a small kitchen so that space is created.
Tips to plan Small Kitchen Design layouts
- Be realistic: If you are living in a small home or a multi-storey apartment facing issues with kitchen space limitations, the foremost factor is to decide that you need and how good it is for your kitchen space. On drafting a blueprint, work on utilizing your appliances to the best and on the storage capacity.
- Small Sinks: Consider single sinks and find sinks now that come with attached drain or chopping boards over the sinks, thus create more space.
- Lighting: Paint the kitchen walls in light color; add to the right corners the mirrored surfaces to get an illusion of space.